What is a genuine Montessori education?
Since Montessori is a word in the public domain, it is possible for any individual or institution to claim to be Montessori. But an authentic Montessori classroom must have these basic characteristics at all levels:
- Teachers credentialed in the Montessori philosophy and methodology for the age level they are teaching, who have the ability and dedication to put the key concepts into practice.
- A partnership established with the family. The family is considered an integral part of the individual’s total development.
- A multi-aged, multi-graded, heterogeneous grouping of students.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences, which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
- A schedule that allows large blocks of time to problem-solve, to see connections in knowledge and to create new ideas.
- A classroom atmosphere that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
The above is adapted from The American Montessori Society pamphlet titled, “It is necessary, It is Montessori.”
A glimpse into Childtowne Montessori School.
Open House "Bringing Montessori Home"
Childtowne Montessori School is hosting our annual Open House entitled “Bringing Montessori Home,” on Thursday, April 6 from 6:30pm - 7:30pm.
This is a unique opportunity to meet our highly-qualified Montessori trained teachers and Heads of School. More information on our Open Day can be found here.
Enrollment has begun!
We are now enrolling for the 2017 - 2018 school year.
For more information, please look here.